Friday 11 May 2012

Thursday Night Crop

Last night was the fortnightly Thursday night crop. I love these crops as sometimes it seems like a long time between monthly saturday crops and it gives us a chance to scrap and share news and have a good old chat!

I completed three layouts last night (well almost - Ive justed added titles and journalling to a couple). One is for my new sketch group so I'll upload that in a different post, but I would like to share the other two.

The first layout features papers from Gottacraft. Im proud to be a design team member for the lovely Sandra and her shop. The papers and embellishments are from the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan range. They are soft muted colours - not often my style - but great for girly layouts and I love all the little embellishements and the details like the jam jars and polaroids.

You can buy a Gottacraft kit featuring these papers here or seperate products from the range here.

It was perfect for scrapping a girlie photo from a recent night out. Im very sad that one of my NCT friends has moved away to be near her family. I will miss her a great deal and Im sorry that Matthew and her daughter won't get to see as much of each other as they have in the past. I really hope we stay in touch. This photo was taken at a meal out that the girls in the group had before Karen headed north.



The second layout is also muted colours, but I love the splash of the coral against the pale duck egg blue. These photos were taken at a recent 2nd birthday party. Did I mention I went to SIX 2nd birthday parties in April? The kids had great fun playing with the balloons and I managed some half decent shots. I love Basic grey and these papers from the Whats Up range were just perfect. I used this sketch here as a starting point


I promise to be back with more layouts and photos this weekend. So come back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Great pages. The second one is my favourite - a fab use of the lovely Basic Grey papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts Lorna :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts-nice to see haow you used the jam jars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to channel my inner Lorna and get more done like you :). Such fabulous layouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great pages, it was lovely to watch them coming together

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great pages :) Love the red and turquoise together x

    ReplyDelete